Rail Contracts Manager - North Wales
At Griffiths, our people are our company. The way in which we treat people – both our employees and the communities in which we live and work – is a core value that has driven our continued growth over the past five decades. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry. We are a Welsh regional civil engineering and construction contractor with our head office based in Abergavenny. Operating out of regional centres across Wales and England we construct new roads, bridges and railways as well as maintaining existing developments.
We’re looking for people who share the ambition and pride in their work that Griffiths prides itself on to join our team of over 900 employees. As part of a national Tarmac business which sits within the global CRH family, the career opportunities are limitless.
We are currently looking to recruit a Contracts Manager based at our regional rail office near Conwy, North Wales. The work however would involve travel to alternative distinct site offices as required for individual schemes North and Mid Wales mainly.
The successful candidate will lead the safe execution of one or more simultaneous projects from feasibility to final account, in accordance with a valid, executed contract, per company policies, procedures and work instructions. To ensure Commercial objectives are met and enhance the reputation of the company.
You will be entitled to a highly competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including:
25 Days holiday per annum
Company Car OR Car Allowance
Standard people’s pension
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a candidate who possesses the following skills:
- Evidence within a leadership role
- Strong personal and organisational skills
- High level Commercial acumen
- Strong communication and IT skills
- Good attention to detail
- To be self-motivated
- To be responsive to the needs of internal and external customers and colleagues
- A BSc Civil Engineering minimum and preferably degree qualified
- Strong experience within a similar role however any other relevant experience will be taken into consideration.
- PTS & CSCS Card Holder
- SMSTS or equivalent
What the Rail Contracts Manager will be responsible for?
- Leading the safe execution of one or more simultaneous projects from feasibility to final account on the Network Rail CP6 Frameworks for Civils and Metallic Structures
- Managing staff performance in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Providing Health and Safety leadership to your operational leadership teams and promote behavioural safety improvements and compliance with all HSE legislation, Network Rail Standards and Eurocodes
- Proactively engaging the Close Call system, reporting issues which have the potential to endanger either you own safety or others
- Supporting where required accident and incident investigations in accordance with Rail Management procedure
- Promoting and implement sustainable business objectives
- Achieving gross site margin target as set by the Rail Director
- Leading the estimating and planning process for all allocated schemes/region
- Ensuring sufficient and competent resources are in place for the delivery of assigned contracts and business and project objectives are communicated to your team
- Developing and maintain programmes through the project life cycle and ensure works are delivered against the contract programme
- Preparing and maintain a project programme for all works from GRIP2 to GRIP8 and record as build progress
- Promoting and maintain effective client/stakeholder relationships to protect and enhance the company’s reputation to assure repeat business
- Supporting the tender progress including review of pre-tender information, planning, estimating and quality submissions
- Complying with the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 and the Railways and other Guided Transport Systems (Safety) Regulations 2006.
All applicants will be required to provide evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK, as per the UK Illegal Working Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 at the interview stage.
No agencies please.
Tarmac is an equal opportunities employer.