Plant and Transport Coordinator
Are you looking for an opportunity to join a leading business? If the answer is YES, J B Riney are recruiting in Bow, London for a Plant and Transport Coordinator and this could be the ideal role for you.
At J B Riney, are people are our company - the way in which we treat people – both our employees and the communities in which we live and work. J B Riney is along established Civil Engineering company who have operated in the Greater London are for nearly 40 years. Working alongside many Local Authorities and Councils, our well-earned reputation is built on local knowledge, reliability, quality products and services and a customer focused delivery.
As part of the national Tarmac business which sits within the global CRH family, the career opportunities are limitless.
The role will involve operation the centralised plant and transport ordering function ensuring that all requests are processed in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures. This will include ordering, delivering and allocating internal assets to the correct projects using the company’s IT platform and managing the Procurement and allocation of all external plant hires in the most economically advantageous way for the Company.
Joining our team as a Plant and Transport Coordinator will be entitled to a highly competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits.
Who are we looking for?
To be suitable for this role we are looking for a candidate that possesses the following skills:
- Good administrative and organisational skills
- Computer literate with Excel competence – essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Good understanding of customer service expectations and excellent telephone manner
- Able to deal with reactive workloads
Attention to detail
- Commercial awareness
- Secondary School Education (e.g. A-Levels or equivalent)
- Knowledge of Mechanical plant equipment
- Hire company background
What I will be responsible for?
- Ensuring compliance with Safety, Health and Environmental requirements
- To effectively manage the internal and external plant and transport ordering and Procurement process.
- Daily hire and off-hiring of plant and transport, monitoring delivery/return and liaising with delivery teams to resolve issues
- Correct allocation of costs to projects and to ensure accurate cost reporting
- Procurement of external plant/transport in-line with agreed supplier arrangements
- Negotiated new hire rates
- Collating and formatting monthly stats and reports for management teams.
- Purchase orders and good receipts for all external plant/transport
- Producing accurate reports supplied in-line with deadlines.
- Production of internal and external hire reports and close monitoring of utilisation
- Contributing to the success of the Procurement department, supporting the material Procurement process as required.
If you believe you have the required skills and experience for this role, please click APPLY below. We look forward to hearing from you!
All applicants will be required to provide evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK, as per the UK Illegal Working Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 at the interview stage.
No agencies please.
Tarmac is an equal opportunities employer.