Assistant Finance Manager
So why do you get out of bed in the morning?
Whilst you’re thinking, grab a cup of tea and we’ll tell you why some of our employees do:
“To work with fantastic people” “To feel challenged and have fun” “To feel proud of what I’ve achieved”.
Sounds good doesn’t it?
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We have a great opportunity for an ambitious Assistant Finance Manager based at our Stancombe Office, near Bristol. This is a really fantastic opening for you if you wish to progress to an Area Finance Manager role within our business.
In this role the successful candidate will assist the Area Finance Managers for the South West and South Wales with the consolidation and management of financial information and reporting as part of our management planning and reporting cycle.
.Your principal responsibilities will be to:
- Provide accurate, timely and compliant Accounting information (SOX relevant Accounting standards, rules of business) for the Area business.
- Support the Finance Manager/Area Director
- Assist with the production of accounts that comply with company processes, procedures and statutory requirements.
- Provide operational and commercial insight to enable your key stakeholders to make sound business decisions and drive operational and performance improvements in the business.
To be successful in this role you will be either a qualified or part qualified Accountant with relevant business experience.
You will also have:
- A good understanding of key business issues and financial statements, controls and processes
- Strong data analysis, manipulation and modelling capability
- Excellent Excel skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective relationships with stakeholders of various seniority levels
- Knowledge and experience of using SAP
In return, we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits.
Some of the range of benefits on offer to employees include:
25 days holiday
Holiday purchase scheme
Contributory pension scheme
Access to the Tarmac rewards website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
Training and development opportunities
By the way, as part of CRH, our employees have access to a range of careers within the wider group which operates at over 3,800 locations in 31 countries. CRH generates endless possibilities for individuals who are hungry for that next challenge!
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
All applicants will be required to provide evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK, as per the UK Illegal Working Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 at the interview stage.
No agencies please.
Tarmac is an equal opportunities employer.