Marine Fleet Manager
So why do you get out of bed in the morning?
Whilst you’re thinking, grab a cup of tea and we’ll tell you why some of our employees do:
“To work with fantastic people” “To feel challenged and have fun” “To feel proud of what I’ve achieved”.
Sounds good doesn’t it?
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Fleet Manager to join our team in Chichester, West Sussex.
The Fleet Manager is responsible for maintaining the operational performance of the fleet and ensuring the utilisation of these company assets are maximised for safety and commercial performance.
Your principal responsibilities will be:
- Management of Ship Managers and staff to ensure safety and performance standards are maintained to the highest level.
- To maintain all vessels structure, systems and equipment to the requirements of the Classification Societies and the MCA.
- Preparation of repair and maintenance specifications, evaluation of quotations and selection of contractors.
- The Procurement and management of spares to ensure the timely execution of repairs and to minimise vessel downtime.
- To act as Deputy Designated person ashore in the absence of the General Manager.
The successful applicant will ideally hold a STCW 95 III/2 Class 1 Certificate of Competency with supporting deep sea experience.
You will also have:
- A proven history of managing complex docking projects and electronic planned maintenance systems is also necessary, together with good management and IT skills.
- The ability to be flexible and responsive to operational changes which may occur within and outside normal office hours (as expected with an operation running 24hrs a day for 365 days per year).
- Good communication skills capable of dealing with a variety of technical issues and capable of giving guidance and instruction to internal and external customers.
- The ability to be responsive to dealing with issues that arise out of office hours and for detailed planning of full refits and any intermediate repair work.
- The ability to ensure that budgetary requirements are accurately forecast closely monitored and maintained.
In return, we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits.
Some of the range of benefits on offer to employees include:
Company car or Car Allowance
25 days holiday
Holiday purchase scheme
Contributory pension scheme
Access to the Tarmac rewards website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
Training and development opportunities
By the way, as part of CRH, our employees have access to a range of careers within the wider group which operates at over 3,800 locations in 31 countries. CRH generates endless possibilities for individuals who are hungry for that next challenge!
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
All applicants will be required to provide evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK, as per the UK Illegal Working Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 at the interview stage.
No agencies please.
Tarmac is an equal opportunities employer.