Highly Competitive Salary + Company Van + Overtime rate
Location: Based at Burnley Wharf, Southampton SO14 5JF Occasionally covering local sites.
Hours: 47.5 per week, Monday to Friday with occasional weekends
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a qualified Maintenance Fitter to join our friendly operations team.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As the successful candidate, you’ll be working alongside the Wharf operations team and you will:
- Complete planned preventative maintenance activities
- Record and monitor the scheduled maintenance process documentation
- Ensure that the supporting documentation (RA/MS/Permits to work etc) for the scheduled maintenance processes are used
- Respond to plant breakdowns in a timely manner
- Assist in delivery of continuous improvement projects
- Support Operatives to complete autonomous maintenance tasks
- Ensure H&S standards are adhered to throughout the site They will specifically focus on fixed plant maintenance in quarries and Marine wharves.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate proven experience working within an Industrial, Factory or similar environment as a Fitter or Mechanical Engineer. As well as be competent metal fabricator and welder with good communication skills and real desire in developing both engineering and supervisory skills.
- Recognised apprenticeship preferably a higher-level standard
- Computer literate. Familiarity with computer software (word, excel, etc)
- ONC/HNC - Desirable
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits.
Some of the range of benefits on offer to employees include:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
All applicants will be required to provide evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK, as per the UK Illegal Working Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 at the interview stage.
No agencies please.
Tarmac is an equal opportunities employer.