Are you an experienced in factory, manufacturing or production processes? Passionate and driven but lack challenge in your current role? If the answer is YES, Tarmac are recruiting for an Operative within our Aggregate Blocks team at Ninfield and we want to hear from you!
At Tarmac, we believe our people are our business. We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. Joining our team as part of our production team, you will be entitled to a highly competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including:
- Shift allowances
- Bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday (plus holiday purchase scheme)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free uniform and PPE
- Free parking
- Access to the Tarmac rewards website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice on a whole range of issues
- Training and development opportunities
Who are we looking for?
As part of our production team you will be able to demonstrate proven experience working within a similar factory environment. You will also:
- Ideally hold a mobile plant licence (fork lift, clamp truck, shovel)
- Ideally, but not essentially, hold a Mechanical and/or electrical maintenance qualification
- Have experience working with heavy plant and equipment
- Be and effective communicator – written and verbal
- Hold a full UK driving licence
- Be flexible and have the ability to travel to multiple sites as required
- Be a good team player
- Have experience of manual handling
What will I be responsible for?
Reporting in to our production supervisors , the successful applicants will be responsible for:
- Maintenance and driving a culture of zero harm and behavioural safety
- Rotating round and supporting our sites on meeting daily production target requirements
- Reporting of data for quality purposes and helping to achieve against quality KPIs
- Supporting and working with our maintenance and engineering teams to improve plant reliability and availability
- Meeting customer service requirements in terms of accurate loading and timely vehicle turnaround
- Continuous Improvement of performance standards
- Continuous improvement towards plant and production methods
- Good housekeeping
Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long-term future.
If you share our values and have the drive and enthusiasm to help us fulfil our vision, we would like to meet you. Please click APPLY below now to register your interest in joining our production team.
All applicants will be required to provide evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK, as per the UK Illegal Working Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 at the interview stage.
No agencies please.
Tarmac is an equal opportunities employer.