Tarmac are recruiting for a Production Manager for the Alfreton Plant and we want to hear from you!
At Tarmac, we believe our people are our business. We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. Joining our team as a production manager you will be entitled to a highly competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including:
- Bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free uniform and PPE
- Free parking
- Access to the Tarmac rewards website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice on a whole range of issues
- Training and development opportunities
Who are we looking for?
As a production manager, you will be able to demonstrate proven experience working within a similar production environment. You will also:
- Possess good communication and IT skills.
- Be a proficient communicator.
- Be a good team player.
- Have strong experience of managing teams in a production environment and be able to demonstrate results.
What will I be responsible for?
Reporting to the Senior Production Manager the successful candidate will be responsible for the running of a shift of 9 people and achieving the production targets on a 24-hour rotating shift pattern
You will also take responsibility for:
- Ensure safe and efficient operations by managing self, employees and contractors to exceed standards in safety, health, environment, quality, engagement, development, customer service, production and cost.
- Ensure close liaison, understanding and team working between factory operatives and all other departments to achieve performance targets and production schedules.
- To provide strong leadership in your area of responsibility and ensure deadlines are met.
- Take leadership in identifying and implementing initiatives that provide Continuous Improvement and Best Practice.
- TBP processes for sick and conduct and arranging break / holiday / training / relief cover.
Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long-term future.
If you share our values and have the drive and enthusiasm to help us fulfill our vision, we would like to meet you
All applicants will be required to provide evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK, as per the UK Illegal Working Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 at the interview stage.
No agencies please.
Tarmac is an equal opportunities employer.