Concrete Mixer Driver
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Mixer Driver to join our friendly team based out of our Cardiff Concrete Plant in Cardiff Docks. Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
- You will be responsible for the safe and efficient delivery of ready mix concrete to various customer locations
- Ensuring all documentation is completed accurately with attention to detail
- Adhering to safe working practices to ensure the safety of yourself and others at all times
- Complete daily vehicle checks with regards to safety and keep the truck in acceptable condition.
- A flexible approach to working patterns and start times as dictated by the needs of the business.
- Complying with all relevant legislation in line with Drivers Hours and Working Time Directive requirements.
- Perform any other reasonable duties as assigned by a supervisor or manager.
The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of the local area. You will preferably be experienced in delivering concrete, although this is not essential as training will be provided. You will have a proactive approach to health & safety and be fully conversant with EU rules on driver’s hours, digital cards and tachograph records. You must hold a current valid CPC card demonstrating your training.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills / Knowledge
- A current category C licence (class 2)
- Up to date CPC
- A good driving licence record
- Good working knowledge of vehicle maintenance
- Good standard of writing and numeracy skills
- Thorough knowledge of road transport regulation
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits.
Some of the range of benefits on offer to employees include:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
All applicants will be required to provide evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK, as per the UK Illegal Working Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 at the interview stage.
No agencies please.
Tarmac is an equal opportunities employer.