Are you an experienced General Manager or looking for a General Management role? Looking for opportunities to progress? If the answer is YES, we are recruiting for a General Manager and we want to hear from you!
The purpose of this role is to be fully profitable and operationally responsible for all aspects of the business of Isle of Wight Aggregates Ltd, which is 50% owned by CEMEX UK Ltd and 50% owned by Tarmac Ltd. The business operates from West Cowes.
- Bonus scheme
- Company car/Car allowance
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free uniform and PPE
- Access to the Tarmac rewards website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Healthcare cashback scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice on a whole range of issues
- Training and development opportunities
Who are we looking for?
As our ideal General Manager, you will be able to demonstrate proven experience working within a similar construction environment. You will also:
- Be customer facing and have excellent communication skills
- Be analytical
- Have experience of people management, preferably within a similar environment
- Be resilient
- Demonstrate good Presentation skills
- Have experience of working and liaising with stakeholders
What will I be responsible for?
The successful General Manager will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that the business complies with all the required legislation and corporate governance
- Health, Safety and the Environment within the workplace
- Full profit responsibility for the company
- Optimisation of the business assets and identifying areas for improvement/development
- Management and development of the staff
- Ensuring the administration of the business complies with the standards required by the shareholders
- Developing the business strategy
- Ensuring the accounts presented are accurate
- Providing budget and forecast information as required
- Administrative quality and reporting
- Planning and scheduling of maintenance activity
If you share our values and have the drive and enthusiasm to help us fulfil our vision, we would like to meet you. Please click APPLY below now to register your interest in the role of General Manager!
All applicants will be required to provide evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK, as per the UK Illegal Working Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 at the interview stage.
No agencies please.
Tarmac is an equal opportunities employer.