Assistant Accountant - Reporting & Consolidation
Are you looking for an opportunity with a leading national business? If the answer is YES, Tarmac are recruiting in Solihull and this could be the ideal role for you.
At Tarmac, our people have been shaping the world around us for more than 100 years, from the roads we drive on every day, to the buildings, airports, stadiums, offices and hospitals we live in and work in. We are very proud of our history and what makes us the company we are today. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. We’re looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm and collaborative approach to join our team of over 7,000 employees across the UK. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless.
Joining our team as an Assistant Accountant you will be entitled to a highly competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including:
Enhanced holiday entitlement
Contributory pension scheme
Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
Training and development opportunities
What are we looking for?
A part qualified or qualified accountant studying towards professional qualification or qualified (ACCA, CIMA or AAT) who wants to develop
A motivated individual with a track record of working to tight deadlines under pressure
Can demonstrate what good looks like when it comes to narrating and evidencing journals and balance sheet reconciliations
Effective time management of self
Works with a sense of urgency as required and able to escalate issues confidently
Customer service orientated
SAP system knowledge is highly desirable
BlackLine system knowledge is desirable
Effective communication skills with people at all levels of the business
Intermediate to advanced Excel skills due to complex [big] data
Problem solver with a strong analytical ability
Tenacity for accuracy and attention to detail
- Production of Statutory Accounts in both UK GAAP and IFRS
- Resolution of all audit queries by scheduled dates.
- Work with finance teams to deliver explanations and evidence for external audit to schedule
- Follows the periodic close timetable and completes owned tasks in line with timetable for Sarbanes Oxley Compliance
- Journal and balance sheet reconciliations uploaded for review in Blackline System Key tasks and responsibilities
- Ensure required adjustment actions plans and/or resolutions are completed within the target time
- Learns and understands core functionality of accounting and financial systems
- Challenges the status quo, continuously looks for opportunities to reduce waste, standardise, automate and improve controls within processes
- Partners with the Business, create an environment of confidence and trust. Identifies and enables future value added activity for the Business
- Review accounts produced by other members of the team for accuracy and completeness - feedback points raised to preparer
- If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of Assistant Accountant, we want to hear from you. Please click APPLY below to register your interest!
All applicants will be required to provide evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK, as per the UK Illegal Working Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 at the interview stage.
No agencies please.
Tarmac is an equal opportunities employer.