So why do you get out of bed in the morning?
Whilst you’re thinking, grab a cup of tea and we’ll tell you why some of our employees do:
“To work with fantastic people” “To feel challenged and have fun” “To feel proud of what I’ve achieved”.
Sounds good doesn’t it?
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Assistant Accountant to join our R2R team in Portland House at Tarmac. We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
This is a varied, complex and rewarding position that requires the candidate :-
- It is essential that the candidate be part-Qualified or Qualified (CIMA/ACCA).
- To have previous experience in a similar role.
- Track record of working to tight timelines
- Can demonstrate what good looks like when it comes to narrating and evidencing journals and balance sheet reconciliations
- Effective time management of self
- Works with a sense of urgency as required and able to escalate issues confidently
- Customer service orientated
- SAP system knowledge is desirable
- BlackLine system knowledge is desirable
- Effective communication skills with people at all levels of the business
- Works well under pressure
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills due to complex [big] data
- Problem solver
- Tenacity for accuracy and attention to detail
- Good analytical skills.
Reporting directly to Business Accountant R2R, you will contribute to the provision and reporting of effective financial information and management accounting at each month end.
This includes the following:
Balance sheet reconciliations, cashflow reporting and effective intercompany settlement and elimination. Partnering with BU stakeholders and SSC teams for effective management of balance sheet risk. Prepare postings, complete reporting packs and budgets working closely with Business Finance teams to ensure accurate recording of transactions. Performing tasks associated with the preparation and posting of transactions into the general ledger; adhering to strict timetables. Processing Capitalisation as required. Set up capital projects on SAP. Process any disposal and transfers. Create & Amend leased assets as required. To identify opportunities for continuous improvement driving accuracy and efficiency
In return, we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits.
Some of the range of benefits on offer to employees include:
· Bonus scheme
· 25 days holiday
· Holiday purchase scheme
· Contributory pension scheme
· Sharesave scheme
· Access to the Tarmac rewards website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
· Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
· Training and development opportunities
By the way, as part of CRH, our employees have access to a range of careers within the wider group which operates at over 3,800 locations in 31 countries. CRH generates endless possibilities for individuals who are hungry for that next challenge!
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?