Are you looking for an opportunity with a leading national business? If the answer is YES, Tarmac are recruiting in Barnsley and this could be the ideal role for you.
At Tarmac, our people have been shaping the world around us for more than 100 years, from the roads we drive on every day, to the buildings, airports, stadiums, offices and hospitals we live in and work in. We are very proud of our history and what makes us the company we are today. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. We’re looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm and collaborative approach to join our team of over 7,000 employees across the UK. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless.
Joining our team as a Commercial Manager you will be entitled to a highly competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including:
Enhanced holiday entitlement
Contributory pension scheme
Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
Training and development opportunities
What are we looking for?
To lead the commercial and contractual aspects of a Business Division. To support operations and set strategies with the objective of minimising risks, maximising opportunities and avoiding disputes. Supports the effective delivery of the Commercial elements of the National Contracting Strategy, business plans and objectives.
As a member of a Management Team advising and providing strategic input and Commercial expertise to support the Business Division to enable:
• Maintenance and delivery of the stated profits and margins
• Establishment of robust and consistent change control processes within the Unit to ensure that appropriate Contract Price adjustments are identified and agreed with the Client
• Delivery of consistent value and cost reporting, as required for Business Division control and review
• To work with the Infrastructure Director to support Business Group commercial issues including securing consistent commercial processes and philosophies, succession planning, staff selection, development and training and dispute management.
• Identification and implementation of process and/or efficiency improvements.
• To provide professional focus, identity and leadership to the Commercial Function within the Business Division consistent with Group wide standards and objectives.
Provide leadership, guidance and direction to the business unit commercial team to ensure that objectives and targets are achieved leading to the overall delivery of the Commercial Strategy.
Support Work Winning teams, where required, in identifying and quantifying risk and opportunity in bids and tenders. To support, and where necessary lead, key negotiations with prospective customers, partners, contractors and Subcontractors.
If you are interested in the position of Commercial Manager please click below and apply!
All applicants will be required to provide evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK, as per the UK Illegal Working Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 at the interview stage.
No agencies please.
Tarmac is an equal opportunities employer.