Cement and Lime
Are you looking for an opportunity with a leading national business? If the answer is YES, Tarmac are recruiting in Barnstone Nottingham and this could be the ideal role for you.
At Tarmac, our people have been shaping the world around us for more than 100 years, from the roads we drive on every day, to the buildings, airports, stadiums, offices and hospitals we live in and work in. We are very proud of our history and what makes us the company we are today. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. We’re looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm and collaborative approach to join our team of over 7,000 employees across the UK. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless.
Joining our team as a Laboratory Technician you will be entitled to a highly competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including:
25 days holiday
Contributory pension scheme
Access to the Tarmac rewards website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
Training and development opportunities
What are we looking for?
The position is working in a Quality Testing laboratory within a small team
The Laboratory tests a wide range of intermediate and final cementitious products manufactured on site for both the ready- to- use domestic market and specialist industrial applications.
The testing that is carried out tends to be bespoke testing designed to reflect the product performance that the customer would find. Typical tests would be initial and final setting time, workability, slump, compressive strength and bleed. In addition, a small number of chemical tests are performed e.g. Free Lime determination, Chromium (VI) determination and Loss on ignition.
The laboratory operates in an ISO9001 environment
• Work in a safe manner following safe working procedures and other internal company safety standards.
• Take part in safety housekeeping inspections around site
• Assist in reviewing safe working procedures and risk assessments for the Laboratory.
• Maintain a high degree of housekeeping in the Laboratory.
• Collect samples around site using a Fork truck.
• To complete tests according to written methods, accurately record results in log sheets and computer database. Flag up tests results that do not meet specification.
• Assist in investigations of reasons why product may be out of specification and carry out tests on customer complaints.
• Write reports.
• Carry out testing on products that are under development.
• Carry out calibration checks on some Laboratory equipment.
• Arrange preparation and dispatch of samples to customers.
• Sample incoming aggregate deliveries, sand drier and determine moisture and PSD.
• Load bulk lorries with cement.
• Look after contractors when they are working in the Laboratory.
• Arrange emptying of waste skips in area by external supplier and use FLT to empty Lab re-cycling skips.
• Order Lab consumables.
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of Laboratory Technician, we want to hear from you. Please click APPLY below to register your interest!
All applicants will be required to provide evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK, as per the UK Illegal Working Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 at the interview stage.
No agencies please.
Tarmac is an equal opportunities employer.