Batch Plant Operative (Nights)
Highly Competitive Salary
Location: Tallington, PE9 4RL
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Batch Plant Operative to join our team in Tallington at Tarmac for the night shift. We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
This is a varied, complex and rewarding position that requires working knowledge of HSE, IOSHH Working Safely, a customer focus, a willingness to learn and develop, Operational Experience, an understanding of Precast, Licences (mobile plant), experience of Manual Handling and working with Moulds and good communication skills.
Reporting directly to the Senior Operative, you will:
- Carry out concrete plant production duties, including batching concrete in accordance with specification to meet quality standards
- Carry out daily safety and maintenance inspections including reporting KPI data.
- Safe operation of all equipment as trained and authorised, ensuring plant and equipment are inspected and maintained and defects reported
- Operate mobile plant, managing stock intake and ensuring all material stocks are segregated
- Work as a team to ensure a quality product is produced for the client and targeted volumes are delivered
- General housekeeping; ensuring that the highest standards are maintained in accordance with What Good Looks Like (WGLL) and the CRH Lifesaving rules
- Role model an exemplary approach to Health and Safety, contributing proactively to a safe working environment and working collaboratively to build a culture of continuous improvement
- Take pride in all work completed and being determined to succeed
In return, we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits.
Some of the range of benefits on offer to employees include:
- Bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Sharesave scheme
- Access to the Tarmac rewards website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
- Training and development opportunities
By the way, as part of CRH, our employees have access to a range of careers within the wider group which operates at over 3,800 locations in 31 countries. CRH generates endless possibilities for individuals who are hungry for that next challenge!
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
All applicants will be required to provide evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK, as per the UK Illegal Working Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 at the interview stage.
No agencies please.
Tarmac is an equal opportunities employer.