Reactive Works Manager
Are you looking for an opportunity to join a leading business? If the answer is YES, J B Riney are recruiting in Woolwich, Greenwich for a Reactive Works Manager and this could be the ideal role for you.
At J B Riney, are people are our company - the way in which we treat people – both our employees and the communities in which we live and work. J B Riney is along established Civil Engineering company who have operated in the Greater London are for nearly 40 years. Working alongside many Local Authorities and Councils, our well-earned reputation is built on local knowledge, reliability, quality products and services and a customer focused delivery.
As part of the national Tarmac business which sits within the global CRH family, the career opportunities are limitless.
Joining our team as a Reactive Works Manager you will be entitled to a highly competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits.
Who are we looking for?
To be suitable for this role we are looking for a candidate that possesses the following skills:
- Service Technical Knowledge
- Health and Safety IOSH
- IT Literate, Work, Excel, Project and PowerPoint
- Proven Supervisory Experience
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Effective communication skills
- Driving License
- Construction Qualification – NVQ 3 or similar
- CSCS Qualification
- Supervisory experience is required.
- Proven experience within the Civil Engineering industry, preferably of works delivery within Highways sector
What I will be responsible for?
- Ensure all projects/sites comply with company health, safety, environmental and quality policies and procedures and all legislative requirements.
- Maximise profit and commercial returns on each project by understanding of the Commercial/pricing strategy.
- Defining overall team workload, planning and allocating day-to-day work priorities and allocation of manpower for daily tasks
- Effective relationships with the client
- Effective management, coaching and development of site personnel
- Reviewing performance of tasks completed and implementing lessons learnt
If you believe you have the required skills and experience for this role, please click APPLY below. We look forward to hearing from you!
All applicants will be required to provide evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK, as per the UK Illegal Working Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 at the interview stage.
No agencies please.
Tarmac is an equal opportunities employer.