Are you looking for an opportunity to join a leading business? If the answer is YES, J B Riney are recruiting in Woolwich, Greenwich for a Works Planner and this could be the ideal role for you.
At J B Riney, are people are our company - the way in which we treat people – both our employees and the communities in which we live and work. J B Riney is along established Civil Engineering company who have operated in the Greater London are for nearly 40 years. Working alongside many Local Authorities and Councils, our well-earned reputation is built on local knowledge, reliability, quality products and services and a customer focused delivery.
As part of the national Tarmac business which sits within the global CRH family, the career opportunities are limitless.
Joining our team as a Works Planner you will be entitled to a highly competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits.
Who are we looking for?
To be suitable for this role we are looking for a candidate that possesses the following skills:
- Good administrative and organisational skills
- Computer literate with Excel competence – essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Good understanding of customer service expectations
- Excellent Telephone manner
- Able to deal with reactive work
- Commercial awareness
- Secondary School Education (e.g. A-Levels or equivalent)
- Similar role with works order management experience
What I will be responsible for?
- Ensure compliance with Safety, Health and Environmental requirements and company procedures.
- Ensure all works are correctly permitted in accordance with the permitting system/procedure
- Efficient arrangement and allocation of resources, plant, staff and sub-contractors to ensure delivery of works. Pre-inspect works as necessary to assess the resource level (e.g. TM)
- Review the programme/works schedule with the Supervisor to ensure profitability targets are being achieved
- Coordinate and manage all emergency call-outs
- Ensure all variations are captured at site and entered onto the works order management system
- Make arrangements for any light switch outs, bus stop suspensions and seek permission to work outside of normal working hours.
If you believe you have the required skills and experience for this role, please click APPLY below. We look forward to hearing from you!
All applicants will be required to provide evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK, as per the UK Illegal Working Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 at the interview stage.
No agencies please.
Tarmac is an equal opportunities employer.