Are you looking for an opportunity with a leading national business? If the answer is YES, Tarmac are recruiting in Snodland and this could be the ideal role for you. At Tarmac, our people have been shaping the world around us for more than 100 years, from the roads we drive on every day, to the buildings, airports, stadiums, offices and hospitals we live in and work in. We are very proud of our history and what makes us the company we are today.
We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. We’re looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm and collaborative approach to join our team of over 7,000 employees across the UK.
As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless Joining our team as a Receptionist you will be entitled to a highly competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including:
- Bonus scheme Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Training and development opportunities
What will I be responsible for?
As a Facilities Coordinator, you will be located in the reception area providing a key front of house service; ensuring smooth and efficient running of the reception area and a welcoming and professional atmosphere for all employees and visitors. Working collaboratively with the Facilities Manager, you will be involved in the implementation of appropriate procedures and working practices, ensuring the workplace is safe, secure, compliant and fully equipped.
Key tasks and responsibilities include:
- Reception duties including receiving visitors, answering income calls and general visitor hospitality.
- Coordinate meetings including room allocation, catering requirements, preparing agendas and printing as required.
- Manage the meeting rooms to ensure they are kept in a clean standard and are suitable for use at all times.
- Sort and distribute incoming daily post, deliveries and process outgoing post and deliveries.
- Order stationery, kitchen supplies, working lunches, and general administration associated with these tasks.
- Assist on day to day basis with office maintenance, equipment and supplies; liaising with external contractors where needed, ensuring office standards are maintained.
- Provide cover for PA as required.
- Provide administration support for the London & South East area team as and when required.
- Provide diary and email management support to the Business Manager and other administrative tasks as instructed.
- Deliver H&S briefings and inductions to all new starters and visitors.
- Act as chief fire warden and support with the coordination of fire drills, testing of alarms and ensuring all fire safety is to standard.
- Arrange first aiders, fire wardens and book courses, where required.
- Maintain safe and clean building by complying with procedures, rules and regulations and carrying out the appropriate weekly and monthly checks.
- Maintain front door security, following procedures such as signing in books and issuing visitor badges and report any suspicious activity.
- Any other adhoc duties which will ensure the smooth running of the area office.
What are we looking for?
Key required competencies and skills are:
- Represent the business with a positive attitude and professional appearance.
- Previous experience as a Facility or Office Coordinator or previous experience of organisation, planning and administration.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to ensure effective communication with a wide range of contacts both internal and external to the business.
- Respond to individual and business needs in a timely manner.
- Complete work to the highest standard.
- Excellent team working skills with the ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with colleagues.
- Strong IT skills including the highest levels of competences with Microsoft packages.
All applicants will be required to provide evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK, as per the UK Illegal Working Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 at the interview stage.
No agencies please.
Tarmac is an equal opportunities employer.