Electrical Maintenance Manager
Are you looking for an opportunity with a leading national business? If the answer is YES, Tarmac are recruiting in Mountsorrel and this could be the ideal role for you. At Tarmac, our people have been shaping the world around us for more than 100 years, from the roads we drive on every day, to the buildings, airports, stadiums, offices and hospitals we live in and work in. We are very proud of our history and what makes us the company we are today. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. We’re looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm and collaborative approach to join our team of over 7,000 employees across the UK. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless. Joining our team as a Maintenance Manager (Electrical) you will be entitled to a highly competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including:
Bonus scheme Enhanced holiday entitlement
Contributory pension scheme
Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
Training and development opportunities
What are we looking for?
If you want to be part of an aspiring world class team, help drive transformational change that will set the Mountsorrel engineering team apart from all others….read on.
With a real can do attitude you will bring your individual difference to Tarmac, while appreciating the diversity within the team, you will pay meticulous attention to detail and be able to prioritise your work and deal with high pressure situations and ambiguous issues.
You will have a relentless pace to driving your personal development, whether that be further developing your technical expertise or wanting to progress into more senior leadership or project management roles.
What will I be responsible for?
- Contribute to and assist in the implementation of improvement plans agreed with the Engineering manager or other members of the senior leadership team
- Ensure business development project work as identified by the Engineering manager is undertaken in an effective manner and completed within budget and on time
- To assist the engineering department in achieving its budget targets through the efficient use of materials and replacement parts
- Take ownership of the PPM system and ensure effective use of resource to deliver 100% adherence to schedule
- Effective time management and prioritisation of activities
- Undertake direct line management of your engineering shift team, circa 10 engineers
- Maintain and improve standards of hygiene and housekeeping in all areas of the factory including the engineering office and workshop
- To ensure emergency breakdown repairs are executed in a timely and efficient way on all production equipment.
- To ensure both you and your direct staff have received all the necessary training and development to enable effective capability within the team to work on all production equipment and to undertake tasks in a safe manner. To assess team development needs and action accordingly.
- To assist in the specification and installation of new equipment for the site
- To develop and improve the knowledge and skills of apprentice engineers.
- To ensure supervision and safe operating procedures for visiting contractors
- To maintain Health & Safety rules and regulations and ensure all Safe Systems of Work are signed off and complied with
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of Electrical Maintenance Manager, we want to hear from you. Please click APPLY below to register your interest!
All applicants will be required to provide evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK, as per the UK Illegal Working Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 at the interview stage.
No agencies please.
Tarmac is an equal opportunities employer.