Finance Accountant - Cement
Cement and Lime
Are you looking for an opportunity with a leading national business? If the answer is YES, Tarmac is recruiting at our Head Office in Solihull, and this could be the ideal role for you.
At Tarmac, our people have been shaping the world around us for more than 100 years, from the roads we drive on every day, to the buildings, airports, stadiums, offices and hospitals we live in and work in. We are very proud of our history and what makes us the company we are today. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry. We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. We’re looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm and collaborative approach to join our team of over 7,000 employees across the UK. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless.
Joining our team as a Finance Accountant for the Cement business, you will be entitled to a highly competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits.
Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager, you will play a key role within the Cement & Lime Finance team. The role is responsible for supporting the provision of control, planning, business analysis and management information as part of the decision making processes for the Cement BU.
Key focus will be on regular commercial reporting and management information, ensuring alignment of commercial and financial reports. The role also supports the Cement finance team with logistics, inventory and plant performance KPI analysis, together with ownership of support costs for the Cement business unit owners to establish robust budgets and forecasts.
Key requirements of the role also include:-
- Reporting and driving delivery of support costs to budget and forecast
- Data analysis to investigate variances and discrepancies
- Strong partnership with Market Information team to drive results and understand budget and forecast variances
- Reporting of monthly commercial information to group
- Assist in preparation of annual budgetary process
- Monthly re-forecast and support to ensure robust and accurate information
- Continuous improvement of cost management reporting formats, incorporating bench-marking
- Support KPI performance reporting
- Monthly processing of Cement and Lime inter-company
- Input to the the Logistics supply chain excellence programme reporting
- Adhoc support to wider finance team and assisting with general financial matters, e.g master data maintenance
- Part Qualified Accountant
- Commercial/Operational finance background
- Experience of a range of business systems - preferably SAP/BW
- Experience of analysing and documenting complex business areas and processes
- Strong financial accounting background with relevant technical skills
- Computer Literate, with advanced Excel skills
Personal Attributes & Behaviours
- Strong attention to detail, accurate and methodical
- Good organisational and communication skills
- Commitment and ability to support the drive through of process change and improvement
- Ability to identify trends and suggest actions / solutions
- Self-motivated, pro-active and results orientated.
- Flexibility in approach and openness to change
- Strong team player
- Integrity and commitment to self-development
- Ability to manage time and priorities in an effective and efficient manner
If you feel you have the skills, experience and motivation required to excel in the role of Finance Accountant, we want to hear from you. Please click APPLY below to register your interest!
All applicants will be required to provide evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK, as per the UK Illegal Working Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 at the interview stage.
No agencies please.
Tarmac is an equal opportunities employer.