Are you looking for an opportunity with a leading national business? If the answer is YES, Tarmac are recruiting in Scotland and this could be the ideal role for you.
At Tarmac, our people have been shaping the world around us for more than 100 years, from the roads we drive on every day, to the buildings, airports, stadiums, offices and hospitals we live in and work in. We are very proud of our history and what makes us the company we are today. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. We’re looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm and collaborative approach to join our team of over 7,000 employees across the UK. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless.
Joining our team as a Supervisor you will be entitled to a highly competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including:
25 days holiday
Contributory pension scheme
Access to the Tarmac rewards website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
Training and development opportunities
What are we looking for?
We are the UK lead providers of road construction & maintenance providing a range of services, from highway maintenance, airfield surfacing, road planning, street lighting, traffic management and winter maintenance and we are seeking a hard-working, confident, self motivated Supervisor who will effectively manage a site gang, including subcontractors, with the responsibility for overseeing the safe and efficient management of the site.
We encourage applications from people who:
- Have obtained a CSCS qualification, with experience mainly relating to the same of similar industry in which we operate
- Have a proven track record and is confident in dealing with complex work and people related issues
- Has experience of managing and developing a team
- Has the knowledge of contracts methods and up to date knowledge of specifications and contracts
- Can demonstrate a high level of technical ability, knowledge and tried and tested techniques that can be passed on to others within the team
What will I be responsible for?
The successful candidate must be able to effectively communicate with the gang and carry out daily site briefings, manage the on-site paperwork, site risk assessments and liaise with the customer(s) & the general public, whilst ensuring the highest level of safety is maintained
It is expected the successful candidate will also:
- Manage site operations to maximise operational effectiveness and efficiency at all times by understanding how a contract has been priced (Handover) and agreeing and reviewing with the Foreman and the Gangs including sub contract labour targets to maximise profitability each and every day.
- Manage site operations to ensure all works are completed to the highest standard and comply with contract specification and to relevant standards to prevent any remedial action. Manage testing requirements with contract specification and to relevant standards. Ensure all contracts are inspected by a Company representative with the Customer and the contract is approved/sign off prior to leaving site.
- Efficient allocation and supervision of resources, plant staff and sub contractors to ensure delivery of contracts.
- Work closely with internal and external supply to reduce delays and costs incurred through delivery patterns. Agree completed daily working hours with gang foreman and sub contractors as necessary.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers in relation to all site requirements. i.e. SHE, Programme, Quality
- Produce and agree programmes completion with client and regularly provide updates to ensure positive working relationship is required.
- Ensure daily material programme is placed as early as possible each day with appropriate persons to allow daily surfacing programmes to be planned efficiently.
- Management of all people issues within the team including Appraisals, Training Plans, Disciplinary, Grievance and Absence Reviews
- Communicate and implement all area initiatives to deliver local targets
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of Supervisor, we want to hear from you. Please click APPLY below to register your interest!
All applicants will be required to provide evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK, as per the UK Illegal Working Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 at the interview stage.
No agencies please.
Tarmac is an equal opportunities employer.