Are you looking for an opportunity with a leading national business? If the answer is YES, Tarmac are recruiting in East London and this could be the ideal role for you.
At Tarmac, our people have been shaping the world around us for more than 100 years, from the roads we drive on every day, to the buildings, airports, stadiums, offices and hospitals we live in and work in. We are very proud of our history and what makes us the company we are today. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. We’re looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm and collaborative approach to join our team of over 7,000 employees across the UK. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless
Joining our team as a Concrete Shipper you will be entitled to a highly competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including:
Enhanced holiday entitlement
Contributory pension scheme
Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
Training and development opportunities
What are we looking for?
As our Shipper, you will be able to demonstrate proven experience working within a similar fast paced customer focused environment. You will also
Possess good communication skills and be numerate
Accurate data entry skills
Be a proficient communicator
Be a good team player
Have Logistics and Transport Planning experience
Have a flexible approach
What will I be responsible for?
• Actively contribute to improving safety performance by complying with the company’s health and safety procedures with the objective of eliminating injury/accidents.
• Build & Maintain solid working relationships with customers, suppliers, and local team, including drivers
• Accurately take order information and input onto the system
• Respond positively & confidently to our customers’ requirements
• Scheduling and planning to ensure timely delivery of orders agreed with our customers, optimising cost through effective truck utilisation.
• Making decisions on optimum fleet numbers, delivery times, liaising with drivers/hauliers to ensure optimum utilisation
• Maintain real time progress of scheduled orders allowing you to identify potential problem areas and pro-actively resolve them
• Proactively communicate with customers to explain progress of deliveries (in particular immediate notification of late loads).
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of Concrete Shipper, we want to hear from you. Please click APPLY below to register your interest!
All applicants will be required to provide evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK, as per the UK Illegal Working Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 at the interview stage.
No agencies please.
Tarmac is an equal opportunities employer.