Tarmac, a CRH company, is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative services and solutions help to deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the economy today and create a more sustainable built environment to support our future prosperity. Our unique combination of people, technology and assets enables us to collaborate with customers to offer unrivalled choice, innovation and flexibility.
For over 150 years our name has been synonymous with innovation. Inventions like porous asphalt and self-leveling concrete have helped shape the world we live in. Now we are helping to reshape it, with new solutions to overcome new challenges.
A career at Tarmac isn’t just a job, it’s a chance to shape the world we live in. Our apprenticeship programmes provide relevant hands on experience, first class learning and development, and outstanding support. Tailor-made for ambitious individuals who are determined to make their mark.
At Tarmac, we believe our people are our business. We offer an extensive range of career
development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. Joining our team as a Highways Operative Apprentice you will be entitled to a competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac rewards website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Training and development opportunities
Who are we looking for?
The role of Apprentice Estimator is pivotal for the ongoing growth of the Traffic Management business that works for both internal and external clients. This role ensures contracts are priced correctly and competitively to lead to the win and retention of work for the Traffic Management business. Estimators become involved in our projects right from the start. It’s a rewarding profession, allowing you to gain a very rounded experience of all elements and professions within the industry. If you like a challenge and can work in a fast paced environment this is the role for you.
As our ideal Estimating Apprentice you will need to be well organised, self-motivated, have good communication skills and importantly be able to work as part of a team.
You will be expected to have 3 GCSE’s in Grades A* - C in English, Maths and Science. In addition you will be expected to attend college on day/block release and travel between Traffic Management sites may be expected to support your learning.
The role of Estimating Apprentice will be reporting to the Commercial Manager and will work within a team of Estimators to support the commercial tenders the Traffic Management team look to pursue:
- You will learn how to estimate the costs of future work;
- How to calculate and monitor the progress of won work against budget
- You will understand the dynamics of a busy Traffic Management business and how the team work both internally and externally with its clients
- You will be working within a team but will also play a key team role with wider Traffic Management teams, such as Quantity Surveying and the Operations teams
- You will be required to have a flexible mindset and the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- On completion of the Apprenticeship you will have opportunities to progress and increase your earning potential.
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of Highways Operative Apprentice, we want to hear from you. Please click APPLY below to register your interest!
All applicants will be required to provide evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK, as per the UK Illegal Working Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 at the interview stage.
No agencies please.
Tarmac is an equal opportunities employer.