Are you looking for an opportunity to build your career with a leading national business? If the answer is YES, Tarmac is recruiting in Stamford, Peterborough and this could be the ideal role for you.
It is exciting times for us here at our Precast Factory in Tallington, Stamford, as we are embarking on a new venture to supply Tunnel Segments, starting with an order to supply The Thames Tideway Project. We're investing in the site to develop a highly-skilled, diverse workforce, who will have access to the best equipment possible to help us achieve our goal.
Joining our friendly diverse team in Tallington as a General Operative you will be entitled to a highly competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced annual leave
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac rewards website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
- Enrolment into our operator development programme where you will become fully skilled in the tasks you undertake
- Achieve recognised vocational qualifications
What are we looking for?
As our ideal General Operative, you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- A commitment to participating in and contributing to a safe working environment at all times
- A willingness to learn and/or develop your current skill set
- Good communication skills
- A desire to positively contribute and work as part of a team
- Taking pride in your work and a determination to succeed
- A flexible approach to work (evening & shift work may be required)
We will be recruiting for multiple operative roles, with different skill sets. Therefore any one of the following experiences would be desirable though not essential:
- Experience of precast concrete
- Mobile and fixed plant operations
- Manual Handling
- B3 Forklift driving
- Working with moulds
- Welding, Plastering, Plumbing or Pipe Fitting
What will I be responsible for?
Main duties may include:
- Actively participating in precast concrete manufacturing
- Operating the production equipment
- Driving mobile equipment
- First line maintenance and inspections
- General housekeeping
At Tarmac, our people have been shaping the world around us for more than 100 years, from the roads we drive on every day, to the buildings, airports, stadiums, offices and hospitals we live in and work in. We are very proud of our history and what makes us the company we are today. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry. We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. We’re looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm and collaborative approach to join our team of over 7,000 employees across the UK.
If you feel you have the skills, drive and ambition to excel in the role of General Operative, we want to hear from you. Please click APPLY below to register your interest!
All applicants will be required to provide evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK, as per the UK Illegal Working Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 at the interview stage.
No agencies please.
Tarmac is an equal opportunities employer.