Relief Plant Operative
We are currently recruiting for a positive and enthusiastic individual who is passionate, driven and eager to develop their skill set. If the answer is YES, Tarmac are recruiting for a Production Operative and we want to hear from you!
At Tarmac, we believe our people are our business. We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. Joining our team as a Relief Plant Operative working predominantly at our Leeds and Manchester depots, you will be entitled to a highly competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including:
- Preferential overtime rate
- Bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free uniform and PPE
- Free parking
- Access to the Tarmac rewards website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Healthcare cashback scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice on a whole range of issues
- Training and development opportunities
- Access to company van
Who are we looking for?
As our ideal Plant Operative you will also:
- Possess good communication skills and be numerate
- Ideally hold a mobile plant licences for tele handler and Loading shovel (however not essential)
- Be a good team player
- Prepared to travel and work at different locations
- Driving licence
What will I be responsible for?
Reporting in to our Plant Manager, the successful Plant Operative will be responsible for actively participating and taking ownership in sundry activities to ensure plant safety, availability and production output and quality. You will also take responsibility for:
- Own and colleagues safety
- Reporting of data for quality purposes
- Continuous Improvement of performance standards
- Continuous improvement towards plant and production methods
- Good housekeeping
- Production of finished goods
Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long term future.
If you share our values and have the drive and enthusiasm to help us fulfil our vision, we would like to meet you. Please click APPLY below now to register your interest in the role of Plant Operative!
All applicants will be required to provide evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK, as per the UK Illegal Working Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 at the interview stage.
No agencies please.
Tarmac is an equal opportunities employer.