Higher Apprentice - Contracting Supervisor
Tarmac, a CRH company, is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovate services and solutions help to deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the economy today and create a more sustainable built environment to support our future prosperity. Our unique combination of people, technology and assets enables us to collaborate with customers to offer unrivalled choice, innovation and flexibility
For over 150 years our name has been synonymous with innovation. Inventions like porous asphalt and self-levelling concrete have helped shape the world we live in. Now we are helping to reshape it, with new solutions to overcome new challenges.
A career at Tarmac isn’t just a job, it’s a chance to shape the world we live in. Our apprenticeship programmes provide relevant hands on experience, first class learning and development, and outstanding support. Tailor-made for ambitious individuals who are determined to make their mark.
At Tarmac, we believe our people are our business. We offer an extensive range of career
development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. Joining our team as a Higher Apprentice Supervisor in our Contracting division, you will be entitled to a competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac rewards website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Training and development opportunities
Who are we looking for?
As our ideal Higher Apprentice Supervisor you will need to be enthusiastic, well organised, and self-motivated.
To apply you will have to have 5 x National 5 awards, including English and Maths at Grade C or above plus 80 UCAS points or equivalent at Higher / Advanced Higher level.
What might my programme entail?
As a Apprentice Supervisor you will learn how to ensure all programmes of work are completed with the highest standards of safety in place as well as learn how to manage the performance of the squad to ensure that works activities are carried out efficiently, to the agreed programme and specification. A key skill you will gain from being on the programme is how to develop and maintain relationships with internal and external customers.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- To learn and support with the compliance of all HSQE requirements including site induction, risk assessments, compliance with life saving rules, safety inspections, safety briefings and competency of subcontractors.
- To comply with, and learn to manage, site operations, operational effectiveness and efficiency. The goal is to ensure the site operations run and are completed to the highest standard and comply with contract specification and relevant standards to prevent any remedial action.
- To learn how to manage the testing requirements within contract specification and relevant standards.
- To ensure all contract works have been inspected by a Company representative with the Customer and the contract is approved/sign off prior to leaving site.
- To learn and start to put in place efficient allocation of resources, plant, staff and if necessary sub-contractors to ensure delivery of contracts is met.
- Work collaboratively with the squad foreman and th daily plan of works and overcome any potential barriers before works commence. This includes subcontractors where necessary.
- Communicate effectively and work closely with internal and external people to reduce delays and avoid additional costs where possible.
You will also be enrolled in a relevant course of study for this apprenticeship with the Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) to achieve a recognised qualification.
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of Higher Apprentice Supervisor, we want to hear from you. Please click APPLY below to register your interest!
All applicants will be required to provide evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK, as per the UK Illegal Working Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 at the interview stage.
No agencies please.
Tarmac is an equal opportunities employer.