Higher Apprentice Supervisor
Tarmac, a CRH company, is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovate services and solutions help to deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the economy today and create a more sustainable built environment to support our future prosperity. Our unique combination of people, technology and assets enables us to collaborate with customers to offer unrivalled choice, innovation and flexibility
For over 150 years our name has been synonymous with innovation. Inventions like porous asphalt and self-levelling concrete have helped shape the world we live in. Now we are helping to reshape it, with new solutions to overcome new challenges.
A career at Tarmac isn’t just a job, it’s a chance to shape the world we live in. Our apprenticeship programmes provide relevant hands on experience, first class learning and development, and outstanding support. Tailor-made for ambitious individuals who are determined to make their mark.
At Tarmac, we believe our people are our business. We offer an extensive range of career
development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. Joining our team as a Higher Apprentice Supervisor you will be entitled to a competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including:
- Bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday (plus statutory holidays)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac rewards website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Training and development opportunities
Who are we looking for?
As our ideal Higher Apprentice Supervisor you will need to be enthusiastic, well organised, and self-motivated.
You will have 5 GCSEs including English and Maths at grades 4-9 (A*-C equivalent) plus 80 UCAS points or equivalent at A/AS level.
What might my programme entail?
As a Higher Apprentice Supervisor you will ensure all programmes of work are completed with the highest standards of safety in place.
Manage gang performance to ensure that works activities are carried out efficiently, to agreed programme and specification. To develop and maintain relationships with internal and external customers.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- To learn and support with the compliance of all HSQE requirements including site induction, risk assessments, compliance with golden rules, safety inspections and safety briefings and competency of subcontractors.
- To comply and learn to manage site operations, operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- To ensure all works are completed to the highest standard and comply with contract specification and to relevant standards to prevent any remedial action.
- Manage testing requirements with contract specification and to relevant standards. Ensure all contracts are inspected by a Company representative with the Customer and the contract is approved/sign off prior to leaving site.
- Efficient allocation and supervision of resources, plant staff and subcontractors to ensure delivery of contracts. Agree completed daily working hours with gang foreman and sub contractors as necessary.
- Communicate effectively and work closely with internal and external supply to reduce delays and costs incurred through delivery patterns as well as relations to site requirements.
- Ensure daily material programme is placed.
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of Higher Apprentice Supervisor, we want to hear from you. Please click APPLY below to register your interest!
All applicants will be required to provide evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK, as per the UK Illegal Working Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 at the interview stage.
No agencies please.
Tarmac is an equal opportunities employer.