Are you looking for an opportunity to build your career with a leading national business? If the answer is YES, Tarmac is recruiting in Presteigne, Powys and this could be the ideal role for you.
Joining our team as a Mechanical Fitter you will be entitled to a highly competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced annual leave
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac rewards website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
- Achieve recognised vocational qualifications
What are we looking for?
As our ideal Mechanical Fitter, you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- A commitment to participating in and contributing to a safe working environment at all times
- A willingness to learn and/or develop your current skill set
- Good communication skills and a desire to work as part of a team
- A flexible approach to work (evening & weekend work may be required, subject to business needs)
- The ability to provide excellent service to both internal and external customers
- Basic computer literacy is desirable
- NVQ Level 2 in Engineering or a relevant Maintenance Qualification
It would be desirable if you have experience of mobile and fixed plant operations and manual handling, however, full training is available so we'd be really pleased to hear from you if you have no previous industry experience and can demonstrate your ability to positively contribute to a team, take pride in your work and showcase your determination to succeed.
What will I be responsible for?
Working alongside and supporting the Quarry operations team you will:
- Complete planned preventative maintenance activities
- Record and monitor the scheduled maintenance process documentation.
- Ensure that the supporting documentation (RA/MS/Permits to work etc) for the scheduled maintenance processes are used.
- Response to plant breakdowns in a timely manner
- Assist in delivery of continuous improvement projects
- Support Operatives to complete autonomous maintenance tasks
- Ensure H&S standards are adhered to throughout the site
- General housekeeping
At Tarmac, our people have been shaping the world around us for more than 100 years, from the roads we drive on every day, to the buildings, airports, stadiums, offices and hospitals we live in and work in. We are very proud of our history and what makes us the company we are today. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry. We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. We’re looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm and collaborative approach to join our team of over 7,000 employees across the UK.
If you feel you have the skills, drive and ambition to excel in the role of Maintenance Fitter, we want to hear from you. Please click APPLY below to register your interest!
All applicants will be required to provide evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK, as per the UK Illegal Working Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 at the interview stage.
No agencies please.
Tarmac is an equal opportunities employer.