External Affairs / PR Manager - fixed term contract
Are you looking for an opportunity with a leading national business? If the answer is YES, Tarmac are recruiting in Solihull and this could be the ideal role for you.
At Tarmac, our people have been shaping the world around us for more than 100 years, from the roads we drive on every day, to the buildings, airports, stadiums, offices and hospitals we live in and work in.
We are very proud of our history and what makes us the company we are today. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. We’re looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm and collaborative approach to join our team of over 7,000 employees across the UK. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless
Joining our team as an External Affairs / PR Manager you will be entitled to a highly competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including:
Enhanced holiday entitlement
Contributory pension scheme
Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
Training and development opportunities.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced communications professional to take on a six to nine month contract within one of the UK’s leading construction brands.
Working as part of a team of passionate, professional experts, you will report into the interim Senior Manager, External Affairs to deliver a wide range of communications and corporate affairs activities.
As part of a high performing, supportive team, your responsibilities will include designing and producing targeted, measured digital and print content ideas such as proactive b2b media relations, feature ideas and thought leadership articles, social media, event support and a range of specific campaigns. You will also be experienced and confident in supporting our response to any issues and crises.
This role is suitable for full or part time hours.
What will I be responsible for?
To assist the interim Senior Manager, External Affairs, by:
- Delivering proactive, targeted external strategic B2B and corporate communications (with media, community, NGOs and other stakeholders) that differentiate Tarmac, support its corporate and commercial strategies, and help it to deliver its long term vision of being customers’ preferred choice for sustainable construction solutions.
- Ensuring that corporate communications protect and enhance the company’s reputation and licence to operate.
- Providing strategic communications advice and taking responsibility for delivering communications activities (both self-delivery and through agencies) in line with agreed priorities, as guided by the senior manager, for a range of product line businesses and functions across Tarmac
- Working strategically to proactively identify positive stories and thought leadership opportunities; identifying and managing potential risks; understanding the need to make broader internal and external links to ensure buy in and approval
- Supporting the delivery and development of social media channels and content.
- Take part in the 24-hour call out support as appropriate for media and crisis communications. Supporting the business by playing an active role in issues management
- Acting as a brand guardian and ambassador
- Working in a joined-up fashion with the internal comms team, community and land team, marketing, and other BUs and Functions to ensure comms are aligned and integrated
- Ensure all communications adhere to relevant policies, such as Disclosure, Social Media Guidelines etc
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of External Affairs/PR Manager, we want to hear from you. Please click APPLY below to register your interest!
All applicants will be required to provide evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK, as per the UK Illegal Working Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 at the interview stage.
No agencies please.
Tarmac is an equal opportunities employer.