Mobile Maintenance Fitter
Are you a Maintenance Fitter? Looking for a change? If the answer is YES, Tarmac are recruiting for a Mechanical/Electrical Fitter and we want to hear from you!
At Tarmac, we believe our people are our business. We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. Joining our team as a Mobile Maintenance Fitter, you will be entitled to a highly competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including:
- Preferential overtime rate
- Bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free uniform and PPE
- Free parking
- Access to the Tarmac rewards website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Healthcare cashback scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice on a whole range of issues
- Training and development opportunities
Who are we looking for?
As our ideal Maintenance Fitter, you will be able to demonstrate proven experience working within a fast-paced production environment.
- Mechanical Engineering Qualification desirable such as ONC / HNC Mechanical Engineering and/or NVQ Level 3 in Mechanical / Engineering Maintenance.
- Basic electrical training would be desired
- Possess good communication skills and be numerate
- Be a good team player
- Mechanical fitting background
- IT skills
- Ability to plan and organise within agreed timescales
- Problem solving and fault-finding ability
- Be calm under pressure and ability to achieve deadlines
What will I be responsible for?
Reporting in to our Maintenance Manager, the successful Maintenance Fitter will be responsible for maintaining our plant and equipment. You will also take responsibility for:
- Personal safety and that of others
- Good housekeeping
- Suggesting improvements
- Condition Based Monitoring Report Action Closure
- Shutdown Planning and Organisation
- Dealing with and organising Contractors/OEM’s
- Responding to breakdowns in a safe efficient manner in order to minimise downtime
- Suggesting efficiencies and energy saving improvements
- Ordering and keeping track of key plant spares
- Ownership of stores area to ensure good housekeeping and organisation
Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long-term future.
If you share our values and have the drive and enthusiasm to help us fulfil our vision, we would like to meet you. Please click APPLY below now to register your interest in the role of Mobile Maintenance Fitter!
All applicants will be required to provide evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK, as per the UK Illegal Working Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 at the interview stage.
No agencies please.
Tarmac is an equal opportunities employer.