Cement and Lime
|Are you looking for an opportunity with a leading national business? If the answer is YES, Tarmac are recruiting in Barnstone Nottingham and this could be the ideal role for you.
At Tarmac, our people have been shaping the world around us for more than 100 years, from the roads we drive on every day, to the buildings, airports, stadiums, offices and hospitals we live in and work in. We are very proud of our history and what makes us the company we are today. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. We’re looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm and collaborative approach to join our team of over 7,000 employees across the UK. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless
Joining our team as a Mechanical Craft Person you will be entitled to a highly competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including:
25 days holiday
Contributory pension scheme
Access to the Tarmac rewards website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
Training and development opportunities
What are we looking for?
Barnstone Plant currently has a vacancy for a Mechanical Craftsperson in our day maintenance team. This is an opportunity to join the maintenance team at Barnstone who play a key role in the manufacture of cement products destined for the UK construction industry.
● Conducting work based on the maintenance schedule, whilst being able to respond to mechanical repairs if required.
● To liaise with other teams on the plant to ensure effectiveness of work carried on all tasks.
● Ensure all work is carried out in a safe manner in line with Tarmac Safety and Health policies.
● A high level of understanding of risk assessments and safe working procedures including the ability to generate both.
● Ensure the maintenance schedule is adhered to and targets are met.
● Be willing to join the call out rota and work extra hours as the business needs
● Assist with additional mechanical maintenance to positively impact on Plant reliability.
● Complete an ongoing Individual Development Plan.
● Be accountable for an area of plant as specified by Line Manager
● Ability to communicate and challenge others with regards Safety and Health.
● Ensuring our actions doesn’t directly impact the Environment and report any environmental incidents.
● Be able to carry out inspections and other PM’s
● Be willing to undertake any training your line manager deems necessary.
● Have a good working knowledge of Pneumatic systems
● Suggesting and implementing continuous improvements.
● Perform first line maintenance activities ensuring safety is always top priority.
● Perform housekeeping activities to maintain the extremely high standards of housekeeping already set.
● Working within the way ahead agreement
QUALIFICATIONS ● Time served / apprentice mechanical engineering craft
● HNC Mechanical Engineering (not essential, or equivalent experience)
● IOSH qualification would be advantageous
● Proven mechanical experience in cement or other related continuous process heavy industry
● Good knowledge of the cement manufacturing process or other related continuous process heavy industry
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
● Slinging and Rigging
● Multi-skilled engineering maintenance
● Welding and gas cutting competent
● Knowledge and understanding of health, safety and environmental issues
● Knowledge of equipment isolation procedures
● Mobile plant trained , FLT , MEWPS and cherry pickers
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of Mechanical Craft, we want to hear from you. Please click APPLY below to register your interest!
All applicants will be required to provide evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK, as per the UK Illegal Working Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 at the interview stage.
No agencies please.
Tarmac is an equal opportunities employer.