Cement and Lime
Are you looking for an opportunity with a leading national business? If the answer is YES, Tarmac are recruiting in Tunstead and this could be the ideal role for you.
At Tarmac, our people have been shaping the world around us for more than 100 years, from the roads we drive on every day, to the buildings, airports, stadiums, offices and hospitals we live in and work in. We are very proud of our history and what makes us the company we are today. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. We’re looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm and collaborative approach to join our team of over 7,000 employees across the UK. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless
Joining our team as a Quarry Operator you will be entitled to a highly competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including:
26 days holiday
Contributory pension scheme
Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
Training and development opportunities
What are we looking for?
QUALIFICATIONS Desirable – Mobile Plant Competency Qualification (MPQC, CPCS etc)
Desirable – NVQ/QCF in Mobile Plant Operation, Basic mechanical knowledge of mobile plant
Experience in a similar environment with similar Mobile Plant is desirable
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE ● Knowledge of Quarry Mobile Plant Operation and capabilities
● Knowledge of Safe working practices in a Quarry environment
● Ability to assess SHE risks arising from works and to respond accordingly / undertake STOP process
● Basic literacy and numeracy skills
What will I be responsible for?
● Work in a safe manner, ensuring the Health & Safety of yourself and others
● Comply with Tarmac SHE and Quality Policies , particularly the reporting of Near Hits
● Operation of Quarry mobile plant as part of the Quarry Load Haul Team, with regard to achieving Production and Quality KPI’s
● Follow instructions regarding deployment of mobile plant as given by Quarry Supervisor
● Undertake Daily inspection of Mobile Plant and make reports as required
● Be aware of the Load Haul HIRA process and participate when required
● Engage with Safety Briefings and take note of Safety information and Instruction
● Maintain mobile plant in a clean and tidy condition
● Liaise with Garage craftsman regarding defects to ensure safe and efficient operation of the Mobile Plant Fleet
● Be flexible in terms of additional hours as and when required to meet production requirements, this could include on occasion a change to normal shift pattern.
● Be open to learn to operate other items of mobile plant such as excavators, motor scraper etc..
● Responsibility for directly contributing to the performance of the Quarry Load Haul Team to ensure Production requirements and Quality standards are achieved in line with defined KPI’s.
● As a professional Plant operator, you will ensure that equipment is operated efficiently and properly thus avoiding avoidable machine wear, breakdowns and excessive fuel consumption.
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of Quarry Operator, we want to hear from you. Please click APPLY below to register your interest!
All applicants will be required to provide evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK, as per the UK Illegal Working Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 at the interview stage.
No agencies please.
Tarmac is an equal opportunities employer.