Cement and Lime
Are you looking for an opportunity with a leading national business? If the answer is YES, Tarmac are recruiting in Aberthaw Logistics and this could be the ideal role for you.
At Tarmac, our people have been shaping the world around us for more than 100 years, from the roads we drive on every day, to the buildings, airports, stadiums, offices and hospitals we live in and work in. We are very proud of our history and what makes us the company we are today. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. We’re looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm and collaborative approach to join our team of over 7,000 employees across the UK. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless.
Joining our team as a Transport Administrator you will be entitled to a highly competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including:
Enhanced holiday entitlement
Contributory pension scheme
Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
Training and development opportunities
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced Administrator to provide an effective administrative service meeting the needs of the Aberthaw logistics function, both at Aberthaw and associated depots this will include
Safety and Compliance
- Administration of Fleet and Driver compliance
- Provide support to MPA customer site assessments programme.
- Maintenance of Health and Safety files ie Tool Box Talks and Safety Briefs
- Escalates any reported safety incidents in timely manner.
- Actively contributes to safety initiatives within the team and site.
Customer and Supplier Service
- Support order taking from customers and subsequent entry into order management system to deliver industry leading delivery performance.
- Ensure that service enquiries are dealt with effectively and that sales and technical enquiries are referred to the appropriate Sales Manager or technical specialists.
- Report and record customer complaints, delivery failures and returned loads, assisting with investigations where required.
- Daily liaison with key suppliers, raising PR’s and PO’s as required to ensure business continuity.
- Effective administration of driver payroll.
- Data input for KPI reporting
- Data administration for inbound raw materials and outbound material activities.
- Effective administration of driver holidays and absence
- Ensures effective local communication with peer group
- Attends regular business and employee briefings.
- Validation of deliveries within systems to ensure timely month end closing and reporting.
- Maintenance of functional notice boards
- General administration duties as and when required
Skills/Knowledge and Experience
- Computer literate, ideally with experience of SAP
- Possess a confident telephone manner with an outgoing personality
- Effective decision making skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- Possess excellent administrative, planning and organising skills
- Be responsive to the needs of our customers and suppliers, possess inter-personal skills and be able to work with minimum supervision whilst being a team player.
- Customer and supplier service awareness
- Effective organisation, prioritisation and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure meeting deadlines
- Effective communication skills are essential, including face-to-face, telephone and written
- Willing to drive own professional development
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of Distribution Administrator, we want to hear from you. Please click APPLY below to register your interest!
All applicants will be required to provide evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK, as per the UK Illegal Working Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 at the interview stage.
No agencies please.
Tarmac is an equal opportunities employer.