Cement and Lime
Are you looking for an opportunity with a leading national business? If the answer is YES, Tarmac are recruiting in Tunstead and this could be the ideal role for you.
At Tarmac, our people have been shaping the world around us for more than 100 years, from the roads we drive on every day, to the buildings, airports, stadiums, offices and hospitals we live in and work in. We are very proud of our history and what makes us the company we are today. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. We’re looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm and collaborative approach to join our team of over 7,000 employees across the UK. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless.
Joining our team as a General Operator you will be entitled to a highly competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including:
26 days holiday
Contributory pension scheme
Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
Training and development opportunities
What are we looking for?
QUALIFICATIONS Essential - Reasonable general level of education
Desirable - NVQ Level 2 – Process Operations
Experience in a similar environment / role
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE • Knowledge of processing plant operations
• Knowledge of site-specific SHE procedures and Safe Working Practices
• Ability to assess SHE risks arising from activities and to respond accordingly
• Working knowledge of plant and machinery
• Fault finding ability to identify causes of process spillage and recommend appropriate action
• Experience of carrying out minor mechanical repairs in an industrial environment
Good SHE Awareness
Good verbal and written communication skills
Reliable and Punctual
Ability to work as a team
Keen eye for detail
Capable of working to detail
High degree of flexibility
Flexibility with hours of work
Use of initiative
What will I be responsible for?
• Work in a safe manner, ensuring the Health & Safety of yourself and others
• Comply with and be actively involved in Lafarge Tarmac SHE Procedures
• Attend the daily review meetings and contribute to the identification of opportunities to reduce process spillage
• Carry out day to day activities in accordance with the cleaning and improvement schedule
• Carry out point of work HIRA’s and adopt the STOP philosophy in relation to unforeseen hazards
• Perform basic minor mechanical repairs related to the cause of process spillage and assist in major mechanical repairs when necessary
• Provide a rapid response to developing situations within the limits of own training and competence
• Report any areas of concern, which are having a negative impact on housekeeping standards to Lead General Operative
• Attend and contribute to all safety briefings to ensure that all appropriate information is understood
• Report safety defects or near hits to Lead General Operative
• Carry out isolation of associated plant in accordance with company rules
• Tunstead Stone Section including the Primary crusher, Chemical stone, Roadstone, and Sidings
• The jobholder must have comprehensive SHE awareness in order to enable them to be aware of and to report any SHE issues that may arise
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of General Operator, we want to hear from you. Please click APPLY below to register your interest!
All applicants will be required to provide evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK, as per the UK Illegal Working Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 at the interview stage.
No agencies please.
Tarmac is an equal opportunities employer.