Technical Screed Supervisor
Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long-term future. We offer exciting, challenging careers that provide excellent development opportunities and an attractive remuneration and benefits package for the right calibre of person.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Technical Screed Supervisor to work with the Ready Mix Production Department at Dewsbury Ready Mix Plant
They will specifically focus on concrete production
We would expect the successful candidate to be experienced iin production of Ready Mix Concrete
• Work in a safe manner to ensure the Health and Safety of yourself and others.
• Comply with and be actively involved in Tarmac Ltd’s SHE and Quality Policies and Procedures (E.g. EMS, etc.).
• Work effectively within deadlines.
• Actively promote zero tolerance, target zero
• Dispatch loads as per site system in operation.
• Ensure that the batch is within correct tolerances
• Ensure that the correct materials are used to produce concrete
• Check loads prior to leaving to ensure they meet required delivery standard
• Process any returned concrete following set procedures
• Complete all documentation as required by site
• Order material for the following days production and control incoming stocks
• Operate Mobile Plant according to site rules
• Maintain effective customer relationships, both internally and externally.
• Complete general housekeeping duties.
We would also anticipate the successful candidate to have the following QUALIFICATIONS
1. Good General Level of Education
1. Relevant concrete qualification (Batcherman 1, 2 & 3)
2. Relevant Health & Safety Qualification
3. NVQ Concrete Batching
Knowledge of SHE, QA, Product knowledge and Technical awareness.
Knowledge of site specific SHE procedures and rules (including basic introduction of Health and Safety Policies and Procedures Manual)
Knowledge of all relevant job related rules contained within the Health and Safety Policies and Procedures manual.
Working knowledge of Concrete Production, plant and materials.
Effective communication with both internal and external customers.
Experience of a similar role or environment. At least 1 year’s supervisory experience in the Concrete Industry is desirable but not essential
1. Fire Training
2. Manual Handling Training
3. PPE Training
4. COSHH Training 5. 1 Day IOSH working safely
6. Loading shovel licence
7. Quality Awareness Training
8. First Aid
Our people are our business. In recognising this we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits. These include: Competitive salary with job-related allowances if applicable; Generous holiday entitlements; Contributory pension scheme (including life insurance); Performance-based bonus and incentive schemes; All employee share plan; Company car/car allowance (dependent on role); Private healthcare (dependent on role); Wellbeing programme and wellness facilities; Employee assistance programme; Learning & development; Mentoring and talent mobility programmes; Family friendly policies; Flexible working programme; Voluntary benefits and discount programme; Long service awards; Recommend a Friend Scheme; Child care vouchers.
All applicants will be required to provide evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK, as per the UK Illegal Working Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 at the interview stage.
No agencies please.
Tarmac is an equal opportunities employer.