Do you have proven experience in either plant, site or factory management? Passionate and driven but lack challenge in your current role? If the answer is YES, Tarmac are recruiting for a Site Manager and we want to hear from you!
At Tarmac, we believe our people are our business. We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. Joining our team as a Site Manager, you will be entitled to a highly competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including:
- Bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free parking
- Access to the Tarmac rewards website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice on a whole range of issues
- Training and development opportunities
Who are we looking for?
As our ideal Site Manager, you will have the ability to effectively motivate your team and be able to drive a culture of health and safety within your site. You will also be able to demonstrate:
- Strong P&L responsibility
- Proven record in motivating teams to perform at consistently high levels
- Experience of implementing CI activity in a manufacturing environment.
- Change management Experience
- People management
What will I be responsible for?
Working alongside our Operations Manager, the successful Site Manager will contribute to the development of the plants strategy for growth. On a daily basis, this will involve:
- Ensuring health & safety standards compliance at all times with a focus on improvement on accidents and incidents for the site as well as continually embedding a positive safety culture that is evident across the site.
- Delivering a highly skilled, fit for purpose, highly motivated and versatile team to ensure business continuity and reduce business risk. Decide staffing and resource allocation within the site.
- Leading and sustaining change through a culture of continuous improvement.
- Fully implementing and sustaining the 5S process and culture.
- Ensuring consistent or better than budget/forecast throughout, quality and cost performance, volume versus plan, cost per unit, yield against standard, control fixed and variable costs
- Supporting the sales team in developing local customer relationships and achieving customer service targets. Maintaining disciplined stock management processes that provide accurate inventories and accurate and efficient despatch as part of agreed service levels.
- Providing operational reports on site performance.
Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long-term future.
If you share our values and have the drive and enthusiasm to help us fulfil our vision, we would like to meet you. Please click APPLY below now to register your interest in the role of Site Manager
All applicants will be required to provide evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK, as per the UK Illegal Working Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 at the interview stage.
No agencies please.
Tarmac is an equal opportunities employer.