Cement and Lime
Are you looking for an opportunity with a leading national business? If the answer is YES, Tarmac is recruiting at their Buxton Cement Plant and this could be the ideal role for you.
At Tarmac, our people have been shaping the world around us for more than 100 years, from the roads we drive on every day, to the buildings, airports, stadiums, offices and hospitals we live in and work in. We are very proud of our history and what makes us the company we are today. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry. We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. We’re looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm and collaborative approach to join our team of over 7,000 employees across the UK. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless.
Joining our team as a Mechanical Craftsperson you will be entitled to a highly competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including:-
- Bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac rewards website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
- Training and development opportunities
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Craftsperson to join our cement production business, as an integral part of the Maintenance team, based at our Tunstead Cement Plant in Buxton, Derbyshire. Conducting work based on the planned maintenance schedule, whilst also being able to respond to urgent and unscheduled mechanical repairs. General duties will include:-
- Ensure compliance with all relevant statutory legislation and company Safety, Health and Environmental standards.
- Completion of Risk Assessments for all tasks undertaken to ensure own and others safety is not compromised
- Reporting of incidents and Near Hits to prevent recurrences
- Maintaining plant to positively impact fixed plant reliability, this may require some out of normal hours working.
- Follow a Preventative Maintenance program to minimise downtime and optimise equipment operations.
- Liaising with other teams at the Tunstead site, to ensure appropriate effectiveness of work
- Help to deliver maintenance performance targets (KPIs)
- Time Served/ Mechanical Engineering Craft
- BTEC National Certificate in Mechanical Engineering
- HNC/D Mechanical Engineering
- Proven mechanical experience in cement, or other related continuous process heavy industry.
- Knowledge of the cement manufacturing process or other related continuous process heavy industry would be an advantage.
- Working within a 24-hour production operation .
- Heavy engineering / maintenance on equipment such as Atox mills, Ball mills, Rotary kiln systems
- Cement Packaging systems
- Knowledge of Hydraulic, Pneumatic systems
- Bearing removal and installation
- Gearbox removal, installation and repair
- Knowledge and understanding of health, safety and environmental issues
- Knowledge of hazard and risk identification to produce Risk Assessments
- Knowledge of equipment isolation procedures & permit to work
- Working at heights, Slinging and rigging, Confined space
- IPAF trained 3b, 3a, and PAV
- All terrain forklift truck licence
- Rotary kiln maintenance
- Bearing training maintenance and fitting
- Hydraulic training
- Working with natural gas
- Hi-force bolt tightening - Welding and gas cutting competent
Personal Attributes & Behaviours
- A commitment to maintaining and improving health, safety and environmental standards is essential.
- Flexible and self-motivated, with a positive attitude in their approach to work.
- A commitment to use engineering experience and tools to assist our drive towards enhanced reliability.
- Suggest and implement continuous improvements.
- The successful candidate must be willing to develop themselves and undertake departmental legislative mandatory training.
If you feel you have the skills, experience and motivation required to excel in the role of Mechanical Craftsperson, we want to hear from you.
Please click APPLY below to register your interest!
All applicants will be required to provide evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK, as per the UK Illegal Working Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 at the interview stage.
No agencies please.
Tarmac is an equal opportunities employer.