Cement and Lime
Are you looking for an opportunity with a leading national business? If the answer is YES, Tarmac are recruiting in Barnstone Nottingham and this could be the ideal role for you.
At Tarmac, our people have been shaping the world around us for more than 100 years, from the roads we drive on every day, to the buildings, airports, stadiums, offices and hospitals we live in and work in. We are very proud of our history and what makes us the company we are today. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. We’re looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm and collaborative approach to join our team of over 7,000 employees across the UK. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless
Joining our team as a Production Manager you will be entitled to a highly competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including:
25 days holiday
Contributory pension scheme
Access to the Tarmac rewards website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
Training and development opportunities
What are we looking for?
Barnstone has an opportunity for a Production Manager to join the team at Barnstone works.
Working within the Management Team on the Plant the role holder is responsible for all aspects of the production process, for the achievement of relevant Key Performance Indicators and the strategic plan for the long term future of the plant.
The role holder needs experience in preparing forecasts and production budgets (monthly and yearly). Coordination and management of production to ensure our product is available on a day-to-day basis within the specified quality, cost and time plans. Is responsible for the H&S and development of the department employees along with environmental responsibility for fugitive dust issues, noise and waste issues.
Experience within the industrial or operational areas of cement manufacturing is required.
Plant operations are 365 days, 24/7 and the role requires flexibility to ensure effective running of the plant. This may involve night working, weekend and Bank holidays and being on call if necessary.
H&S, Environment & Quality
- To foster safety awareness amongst employees in accordance with Company and Plant objectives and programs, adhering to the 16 Life Saving Rules
- Achievement of Zero harm culture in the Plant
- To lead by example and by setting high standards, continue to drive towards creating a sustainable Health & Safety culture coupled with Environmental excellence.
- To guarantee compliance with the Company environmental standards in the relevant fields of activity.
- Ensure the quality of products and services are in line with objectives, quality contracts and standards.
- To ensure that any process improvement work is relevant and of good quality, respecting the safety or people, the quality of products, the environment and assets.
Process, Planning, Monitoring & Reporting
- Develop a customer orientation culture for all plant personnel
- Meet production commitments in relation to volumes, deadlines, optimisation, performance and costs
- Help define the long-term plan, vision and ambition along with the Plant Performance Improvement Plan and improvement action plans for the whole plant
- Represent the Company with external bodies and authorities, and to develop progressive relationships with local stakeholders including the social, economical and environmental community.
- Continuously strive for improvements in day-to-day running working both functionally and cross functionally with other departments. Managing the relationships between the Plant and members of the Commercial Sales and Marketing teams in building customer relations
- Deputise for the Plant Manager during periods of absence
- Management of department budget, cost reporting, monitoring expenditure, and expenses
Management & Leadership
- Foster a culture of teamwork within the production function and to handle any employee relations situations appropriately in line with the policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the recruitment and retention of employees, participating in the succession reviews and planning, continually monitoring the development of team members
- Assist direct reports with development using coaching and mentoring skills.
- Ensures Company appraisal system and Personal Development Plans are completed and review regularly for own reports and Production teams.
- Day to day management of production activities, mid-term and long term strategy for the plant
- Production fixed and variable cost budget management:
- Team headcount 40
- SHE: CEMs, LTIs, MT, Face to Face, Near misses reports, legislative reporting
- Operational KPIs: Reliability Factor, Performance Factor, Utilisation Factor. Prompt failures recording
- Energy KPIs: kWH/T by plant , Site water usage
- Financial: Cost per tonne by product , Variable Cost, Fixed Costs, CiB,
- Quality: Less than 1% complaints, SOPs for corrective and preventative actions
- Environmental: Permits and legislation
- Organisational: SOX
- Degree level of education or equivalent
- Knowledge and experience of RCA techniques
- ILM Certification
- Safety and Environmental laws and regulations
- Cement manufacturing processes
- Good appreciation of 24/7 cement manufacturing or equivalent experience
- Product quality parameters, quality control procedures and tests
- Proven experience of managing a function and team in a result orientated environment.
- Project management
- Out of hours call outs
- Experience of successful communication with internal/external bodies
- Production management and planning
- Change management experience and skills
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Proven people management skills including managing teams/team building and development of people and managing conflict
- Ability to make decisions quickly and appropriately in challenging situations
- Awareness of project management and commissioning
- Excellent communication skills including presentation skills
- Negotiation, influencing and conflict management skill
- Strong coaching and mentoring
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of Production Manager, we want to hear from you. Please click APPLY below to register your interest!
All applicants will be required to provide evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK, as per the UK Illegal Working Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 at the interview stage.
No agencies please.
Tarmac is an equal opportunities employer.