Cement and Lime
Are you looking for an opportunity with a leading national business? If the answer is YES, Tarmac are recruiting in Barnstone Nottingham and this could be the ideal role for you.
At Tarmac, our people have been shaping the world around us for more than 100 years, from the roads we drive on every day, to the buildings, airports, stadiums, offices and hospitals we live in and work in. We are very proud of our history and what makes us the company we are today. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. We’re looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm and collaborative approach to join our team of over 7,000 employees across the UK. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless.
Joining our team as a Shift Technician you will be entitled to a highly competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including:
25 days holiday
Contributory pension scheme
Access to the Tarmac rewards website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
Training and development opportunities
What are we looking for?
Barnstone has an opportunity for 2 x multi skilled Electricians to join our shift team at Barnstone works.
The shift pattern is covering 24/7 and delivering engineering experience and assistance to our established production team.
This is an opportunity to join a multi disciplined team who play a key part of the operation of Barnstone Works. The successful applicant will require the following skills and experience.
We are looking for an individual who is flexible, self motivated and possesses a positive attitude in their approach to work. The successful applicant would need to be available for sickness and holiday cover at short notice to the needs of the business and be committed to maintaining and improving Health, Safety and Environmental standards at all times.
• Time served Electrical /Process control engineering craftsman
• Multi skilled Engineering maintenance with skills and experience in mechanical maintenance
• 17th Edition
• Computer literate (Word, Excel, Google sheets)
• Experience of Variable Speed Drives (ABB)
• Experience of LV switch gear & control gear systems
• Experience of Hydraulic/Pneumatic systems
• Basic mechanical maintenance skills
• A good working knowledge of electrical isolation
• A good knowledge and understanding of Health , Safety and Environmental issues relevant to the Cement industry
• Good electrical fault finding techniques
• Good knowledge of motors and starters
• Abrasive wheels training
• Slinging and rigging training
• IOSH or equivalent
KEY COMPETENCIES (knowledge required to complete the role satisfactorily)
• Basic PLC experience (Siemens S7, Allen Bradley)
• Process control & Instrumentation systems knowledge (Temperature, Pressure, Level, Weighing)
• A good knowledge of the Cement manufacturing process
• Experience of servo motors / Amplifiers (SEW)
• Experience of heavy industry installation & Maintenance
• Mobile plant licence (Cherry picker, Scissor lift)
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of Shift Technician, we want to hear from you. Please click APPLY below to register your interest!
All applicants will be required to provide evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK, as per the UK Illegal Working Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 at the interview stage.
No agencies please.
Tarmac is an equal opportunities employer.