Multi Skilled Electrician
Cement and Lime
Are you looking for an opportunity with a leading national business? Are you a flexible worker open to working shifts? If the answer is YES, Tarmac are recruiting in Barnstone Nottingham and this could be the ideal role for you.
At Tarmac, our people have been shaping the world around us for more than 100 years, from the roads we drive on every day, to the buildings, airports, stadiums, offices and hospitals we live in and work in. We are very proud of our history and what makes us the company we are today. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. We’re looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm and collaborative approach to join our team of over 7,000 employees across the UK. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless.
Joining our team as a Multi Skilled Electrician you will be entitled to a highly competitive basic salary (with additional shift allowance) and a great range of benefits including:
25 days holiday
Contributory pension scheme
Access to the Tarmac rewards website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
Training and development opportunities
What are we looking for?
Tarmac have an opportunity for 2 Multi Skilled Electricians to join the shift team at Barnstone works. The shift pattern is covering 24/7 and delivering engineering experience and assistance to our established production team. This is an opportunity to join a multi disciplined team who play a key part of the operation of Barnstone Works. The successful applicant will require the following skills and experience.
We are looking for an individual who is flexible, self motivated and possesses a positive attitude in their approach to work.
Our ideal Multi Skilled Electrician would demonstrate the following:
- A commitment to participating in and contributing to a safe working environment at all times
- A willingness to learn and/or develop your current skill set
- Good communication skills and a desire to work as part of a team
- A flexible approach to work
- Excellent attention to detail
- Basic Computer Literacy
- Experience within an engineering maintenance role, along with basic mechanical maintenance skills
- Good knowledge of the cement manufacturing process
KEY COMPETENCIES (knowledge required to complete the role satisfactorily)
- Basic PLC experience (Siemens S7, Allen Bradley)
- Process control & Instrumentation systems knowledge (Temperature, Pressure, Level, Weighing)
- A good knowledge of the Cement manufacturing process
- Experience of servo motors / Amplifiers (SEW)
- Experience of heavy industry installation & Maintenance
- Mobile plant licence (Cherry picker, Scissor lift)
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of Multi Skilled Electrician, we want to hear from you. Please click APPLY below to register your interest!
All applicants will be required to provide evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK, as per the UK Illegal Working Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 at the interview stage.
No agencies please.
Tarmac is an equal opportunities employer.