General Operative Apprentice
Tarmac, a CRH company, is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovate services and solutions help to deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the economy today and create a more sustainable built environment to support our future prosperity. Our unique combination of people, technology and assets enables us to collaborate with customers to offer unrivalled choice, innovation and flexibility
For over 150 years our name has been synonymous with innovation. Inventions like porous asphalt and self-levelling concrete have helped shape the world we live in. Now we are helping to reshape it, with new solutions to overcome new challenges.
A career at Tarmac isn’t just a job, it’s a chance to shape the world we live in. Our apprenticeship programmes provide relevant hands on experience, first class learning and development, and outstanding support. Tailor-made for ambitious individuals who are determined to make their mark.
At Tarmac, we believe our people are our business. We offer an extensive range of career
development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. Joining our team as an Operative Apprentice you will be entitled to a competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including:
- Bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday (plus statutory holidays)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac rewards website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Training and development opportunities
Who are we looking for?
As our ideal General Operative Apprentice you will need to be enthusiastic, well organised, and self-motivated.
You will have 3 GCSE’s including English and Maths at Grade c or above and a holder of a full UK Driving License.
Please note you must be at least 18 years of age to apply for this role.
What might my programme entail?
The role of General Operative Apprentice will be reporting to the Site Manager and form part of the team covering Contracting business unit throughout the area. You will be:
- Working as part of a Road Surfacing Team for National Contracting
- Gain an understanding of road surfacing and construction materials
- Develop skills on a number of mobile plant equipment
- Attend, participate and understand the content of the daily briefing and any site specific induction
- Fully understands site risk assessments prior to starting work on every occasion.
- Make suggestions to the Foreman to reduce or remove any identified risks.
- Report any near hits to the Foreman and stop unsafe behaviour.
- Liaise with customers & general public to ensure the highest level of safety is maintained.
- Display a pro-active attitude to health and safety.
- Reduce remedial costs
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of General Operative Apprentice we want to hear from you. Please click APPLY below to register your interest!
All applicants will be required to provide evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK, as per the UK Illegal Working Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 at the interview stage.
No agencies please.
Tarmac is an equal opportunities employer.