Temporary HR Advisor
Cement and Lime
Working in partnership with the HR Business Partner, to provide first line support to the Business Unit’s (BU) management teams in all areas of HR, supporting the roll-out and establishment of people initiatives and participating in HR activities across the Business. Potential travel from time to time.
- Provide managers with commercially focused advice in respect of employee relations issues, including disciplinary (up to an including dismissals) and grievance, ensuring that business risk is well managed
- Support managers in the management and improvement of employee performance
- Assist in the management of short and long-term absence, balancing the welfare of employees and the needs of the business to identify solutions and remedies
- Manage individual recruitment campaigns ensuring that time and cost to hire is kept to a minimum
- Involvement with managers in all recruitment campaigns and working alongside HR Business Partner to achieve requirements
- Work alongside the HR Business Partner on a Supply Chain & Logistics Excellence Review and roll out
- Participate in project teams and/or contribute to ad-hoc projects, using specialist knowledge and expertise to inform business decision making
- Operate within Company policy and employment law, but with a commercial mind-set to mitigate business risk
- Agree and establish practical and timely Performance Improvement Plans and ensure that progress is effectively monitored
- Support managers in the timely use of relevant policies and processes linked to attendance management, engaging with external agencies as appropriate to identify support and solutions at the earliest possible time and ensure that progress is effectively monitored.
- Agree recruitment plans with recruiting managers ahead of advertising, which consider timings, assessment methods, T&Cs (evaluating / benchmarking roles as required) and monitor progress to ensure the plan is delivered
- Support managers with recruitment assessment preparation and delivery ensuring that processes are appropriate for the role and non-discriminatory
- Use HR metrics to identify trends and business risks and work alongside the HR Business Partner to agree Product Line strategies in response
- Contribute fully to all projects, delivering assigned activities / responsibilities within the timescales agreed and providing regular and timely updates to the BU.
Nature & Area of Impact
The HR Advisor is a field based role, working across all Product Lines (c. 220 employees nationally), supporting HR Business Partner activity (within Company policy and practices) and as such is required to be autonomous and accountable for the advice given to and within the BU’s management teams.
- CIPD or working towards (or equivalent experience)
- Coaching qualification or equivalent coaching experience (desirable)
- At least 3 years employee relations experience
- TUPE experience (desirable)
- Recruitment and selection experience using a range of methods
- HR Generalist experience
- Current, Employment Law knowledge
- Best practice HR knowledge
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Commercially astute
- Attention to Detail
- IT skills (e.g. Word, Excel)
- HR metrics and trend analysis (desirable)
Personal Attributes & Behaviours
- Self-starter and capable of working autonomously with high volumes in a fast paced environment
- Flexible and nationally mobile (full driving licence required)
- Highly engaging and capable of developing and maintaining relationships at all levels
Health & Safety
You must be able to demonstrate a good record for safety, health and environmental awareness.
Right to Work in the UK
All applicants will be required to provide evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK, as per the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006. Relocation assistance is not available for applicants from outside of the UK. Original documents that provide proof of the right to work must be produced at interview stage.
All applicants will be required to provide evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK, as per the UK Illegal Working Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 at the interview stage.
No agencies please.
Tarmac is an equal opportunities employer.