HR Manager - London & South East
Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long-term future. We offer exciting, challenging careers that provide excellent development opportunities and an attractive remuneration and benefits package for the right calibre of person.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a driven Area HR Manager to work with the London & South East team, as well as the South Materials HR team to deliver a strong HR presence to acheive the Area HR Strategy.
They will specifically focus on:
- Delivering a comprehensive HR service to a specific area with c.250-350 people.
- Providing a high level and commercially focussed HR service to the Area Director and direct reports.
- Representing the HR function on the Area Management teams alongside Business Managers, Area Ops Managers, Area Commercial Manager, Area Technical Managers etc.
- Leading the delivery of the HR service, ensuring alignment to the regional areas priorities and objectives.
- Implementing and monitoring and adhering to a range of HR policies, initiatives and projects within timescales to support the delivery of the Group objectives.
- Talent attraction and development, including succession planning for roles at junior management and below
- Ensuring high levels of employee engagement and a positive employee relations culture by being visible with all teams throughout the Area
- The use of local knowledge of teams and individuals to ensure a performance management culture exists and that coaching and development of teams is high on the agenda
- Identifying and developing Graduates, Higher Apprentices & Apprentices for the Region.
- Collaboration with the national HR Team working on cross functional projects and contributing to HR best practice
- Providing a high calibre and professional HR advice to all managers and employees in the business
- Adapting your approach in line with a more strategic perspective; taking a proactive approach.
We would expect the successful candidate to be experienced at working as part of a strategic management team to drive the business and localised strategy, as well as being able to provide a HR service to their stakeholders that is based on strong employee relations knowledge and practical expereince within a similar HR position.
We would also anticipate the successful candidate to be mobile, in order to meet the requirements of the role, which stretches from the inner M25 to the South Coast across to Southamptoin. A driving licence is essential for the position.
All applicants will be required to provide evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK, as per the UK Illegal Working Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 at the interview stage. No agencies please. Tarmac is an equal opportunities employer.
Job Type: Permanent full time
Start Date: Asap
Contract Length: N/A
Our people are our business. In recognising this we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits. These include: Competitive salary with job-related allowances if applicable; Generous holiday entitlements; Contributory pension scheme (including life insurance); Performance-based bonus and incentive schemes; All employee share plan; Company car/car allowance (dependent on role); Private healthcare (dependent on role); Wellbeing programme and wellness facilities; Employee assistance programme; Learning & development; Mentoring and talent mobility programmes; Family friendly policies; Flexible working programme; Voluntary benefits and discount programme; Long service awards; Recommend a Friend Scheme; Child care vouchers.