Cement and Lime
A key member of the Cement plant shift team. Monitoring the automated performance of the pre-heater, kiln feeder, rotary kiln burner, calciner, exhaust gases, emissions and cooler processes by using the on site FLS and TDM systems to interact and manipulate the process in order to ensure production of cement is maximised and consistently remains within specifications such as quality, environmental and British/European standards. Working as part of a team in managing day to day blockage, housekeeping and general maintenance/production issues.
Plant operations are 365 days, 24/7 and the role requires flexibility to ensure effective running of the plant. This may involve night working, weekend and Bank holidays and being on call if necessary.
- Comply with all safety and environmental regulations. Lock out in case of emergencies, manage first level emergencies.
- Adherence to site and Company H&S rules and procedures
- Ensure that housekeeping of the plant is in accordance with standards and report poor housekeeping practices
- Drive mobile plant; Shovel, Cranes, FLT and telehandler vehicles
- Review equipment and production conditions in accordance with job plans
- Monitor, report and record any incident, abnormality or deviation based on an appropriate checklist. Take immediate corrective actions when possible.
- First Level Inspections according to the schedule. Systematically inspect and monitor plant equipment in designated area and accurately report abnormalities.
- Support Root Cause Analysis and propose improvement actions
- Ensure lubrication levels of machines are in accordance with manufacturer's specifications
- Carry out accurate stock measurements safely and report to the production Shift Supervisor and CRO. Ensure additives and raw materials are available at the designed areas and in correct quantity.
- Manually start standby equipment and ensure they operate properly or stop equipment and report any abnormality according to working procedures
- Provide assistance to mechanical and electrical areas where assistance would provide the greatest contribution to achieving the shift team targets/goals
- Responsible for ensuring that log sheets are accurately updated, maintained and stored as required
- SHE: VFLs, CEMs, LTIs, MT, Near misses reports
- GCSE level of education
- A good standard of numeracy and literacy skills.
- Certification in isolation procedures
- Mobile plant licence
- Experience of working in a production environment or maintenance team
- Mechanical/Electrical process knowledge
- Site specific H&S procedures
- Relevant experience in a similar heavy industrial/Chemical plant environment
- Mobile plant experience
- Shift work experience
- A good mechanical understanding of heavy industry.
- Ability to carry out heavy manual work
- Comprehensive understanding of safety procedures and leads by example in relation to safety standards.
- Self motivated
- Collaboration and ability to understand and carry out requested activities
- Accurate and precise with a good level of detail.
- Ability to interact with plant personnel at all levels.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to complete tasks to the highest standards
- Ability to handle a number of complex issues simultaneously.
- Willingness to be flexible with work type and hours.
- Good fault finding and problem solving
Safety & Health
You must be able to demonstrate a good record for safety, health and environmental awareness.
Right to Work in the UK
All applicants will be required to provide evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK, as per the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006. Relocation assistance is not available for applicants from outside of the UK. Original documents that provide proof of the right to work must be produced at interview stage.